Tempeh Broccoli and Carrot Stir Fry
Tempeh and broccoli are a great source of calcium
- 300 grams of tempeh cubed into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups of carrots sliced (or baby carrots)
- 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter
- Whisk or blend to combine the sauce ingredients.
- In a large wok or frypan, heat 1 tablespoon of the ghee over medium heat. Add in the tempeh and cook for about 8 minutes, flipping every few minutes so that all sides are browned.
- Toss in 2 tablespoons of the sauce and continue to cook until the tempeh is fully coated in the sauce and it has started to caramelise. Remove to a clean plate and return wok to the heat.
- Add in the remaining tablespoon of ghee and toss together the broccolini and the carrots in the wok. Cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in the remaining sauce as well as the tempeh. Toss to coat everything and continue to cook until sauce thickens and everything is coated in the sauce. Cook about 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or quinoa and ENJOY!! Also great on its own!