Spiralised Zucchini with Basil Pesto
This low-calorie spiralised zucchini is a great alternative to pasta when you are watching your weight and a great way to increase vegetables over complex carbohydrates.
- 8 Zucchini spiralized
- 3 cups of basil
- 1/2 cup parmasen cheese
- 1/4 cup activated almonds
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 grams tempeh sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 100 grams of spinach leaves to serve
- chopped almonds to serve
- Blend basil, almonds, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, 3 cloves of garlic in food processor. Drizzle olive oil in a food processor as it is spinning. Set aside.
- Chop the last 2 cloves of garlic and ginger. Combine with tamari and set aside.
- Fry tempeh, until golden brown. Add the tamari mixture and coat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat
- Spiralise zucchini
- Blanch zucchini.
- Plate with spinach leaves then top with tofu, zucchini, basil pesto then sprinkle with nutritional yeast and chopped almonds to serve.