Quick & Easy One Tray Chicken
Adapted from Jaime Oliver’s Hit ‘n’ run tray baked chicken
- 4 large ripe tomatoes quartered
- 2 red onions chopped into large wedges
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper
- 6 free-range chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Add chicken, tomatoes, onions and peppers to the tray
- Scatter whole garlic cloves throughout the tray.
- Add thyme leaves, oregano and sprinkle over the paprika.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil, the balsamic and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss everything together really well to coat, then spread across the tray, making sure the chicken isn’t covered by the vegetables.
- Roast for around 1 hour, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through, turning and basting it a couple of times during cooking with the juices from the tray.
- Serve with green salad or brown rice
Roasting garlic cloves whole in their skins makes them really sweet – don’t waste that lovely soft flesh, squeeze it out and enjoy it!