Healthy Cacao Brownies
These delicious healthy cacao brownies are free of all nasties and are gluten-free. They don't contain any processed sugar or processed flour and are made from all-natural wholefood ingredients. I also make sure that all the ingredients are organic. I use the base (without the icing) for my Christmas Trifle, which is a big hit at Christmas. The bonus is that these brownies are incredibly quick and easy to make. There's nothing not to love about these healthy cacao brownies! If you're watching your weight simply skip the icing and they are only 171 calories per brownie or 207 calories with icing
- food processor
- 1 cup Organic kidney beans, soaked overnight and cooked or 1 x 420 can of organic kidney beans
- 3 Organic eggs (from pasture-raised hens)
- 1 tablespoon Organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons Organic espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup Butter or organic coconut oil pasture-raised butter if possible
- 1/2 cup Pitted organic Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons Raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda aluminium-free
- 3/4 cup Organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Organic coconut oil or melted organic butter
- 1/2 cup Pure Canadian maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon Organic cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon Organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Organic espresso coffee
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Add pitted dates, honey and beans to a food processor. Pulse until they're blended.
- Add the vanilla, cacao, coconut oil/butter, baking powder, coffee and eggs, and run blend until the batter is very smooth
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking tray
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the edges are set but the middle is still just very slightly jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes before you ice them.