Bone Broth is rich in vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium. I recommend really mixing up the types of bones you use in the broth to maximise the nutrients. Broth may assist with arthritis, healing of the gut and general gut health.
- Slow Cooker
- 3 kg mixed bones including marrow
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- mixed vegetables such as celery, carrot etc.
- pinch Celtic or Himalayan salt
- Place bones in a slow cooker
- Fill with filtered water and add apple cider vinegar and salt
- Cook on low for 2-3 days
- A few (3-5) hours before you finish, add the garlic, onion and vegetables for added flavour (optional)
Note: if cooking chicken bones you don’t need to cook for so long. 1-2 days will suffice.