SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) has meant many people are working from home (WFH) and conducting video meetings. It means that we are saving time by not having to travel to work, put makeup and work attire on. However, computer cameras are not very flattering, especially if you haven’t put makeup on! Here’s a hack to make yourself look work-ready for that last-minute video meeting…. apply WFH filters for Zoom.
There are two ways to set up WFH filters for Zoom. It depends on how much makeup you are wearing at the time. The first method puts a blur on your camera and can be done within the Zoom desktop client. The second adds a makeup filter using Snap Camera lenses (from Snap Chat).
I have done this using a Mac. All the steps should be similar and work for a PC but my screenshots are for Mac.
4. Select video
5. Select “touch up my appearance”
This puts a blur on your camera. So it’s not really WFH filters for Zoom. It’s simply a blur. However, it’s probably better than the raw camera on your computer.
- Download Snap Camera from here: https://snapcamera.snapchat.com/download/ (you don’t need a snap chat account)
- Restart your computer.
- Open both Zoom and Snap Camera
- In Zoom, select Snap Camera from settings/video/camera drop-down
5. Search for lenses in Snap Camera. I looked for a WFH lens. But unfortunately, it wasn’t that easy.
6. The ones I found that looked the most suitable for WFH were: