Try these tips to reduce stress
- Try diaphragmatic breathing 2 or more times a day and when under pressure. Read about it here
- The benefits are yoga are numerous. Read the article on stress which includes studies on the benefits of yoga
- Try meditation for 5 mins each day, increasing to 10 mins, 15mins etc. If you need assistance meditation, try apps like insight timer, smiling mind, headspace, calm. Read more about meditation in the three part articles, which you can find here: part 1, part 2, part 3
- There are a number of relaxation techniques to investigate. Read the article on the benefits of relaxation techniques
- Try using a gratitude journal and jotting down all the things you are grateful for at the end of each day
- Think about what is making you busy, dissect it, what can you eliminate from your day?
- Think about your current stress coping strategies, some examples might be eating, drinking, drugs, socialising. What can you do to change them?
- Break bad habits by identifying the cue (trigger), routine and reward associated with the habit. Figure out out the cue/trigger and change the routine and reward to break the habit