All Natural Body Butter
This all natural body butter is not only moisturing but nourishing for your skin. You can use it all over you body. I have been through so much in the last few months with the excessive hand washing that I have been doing during coronavirus. It has been my hand saviour! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- hand mixer
- 100g Shea butter
- 50g Organic cold-pressed jojoba oil
- 50g Organic coconut oil
- Essential oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- The trick with this body butter is the tool. I have tried with a stick blender (emersion beater) and a blender and it doesn't work. A hand mixer works well. I recommend purchasing a hand mixer if you don't have one. You can get a very cheap one at Woolworths for $20.
- Measure out all of the ingredients except the essential oils into a heatproof pyrex beaker or double boiler insert. Stir to combine the contents.
- Place the jug in a pan of boiling water until the ingredients have all melted.
- Leave to cool a few minutes then put in the freezer for 30 or so minutes until it is opaque. It should be firm but still a little soft. Be careful for it not to solidify completely
- Add vitamin E and essential oils
- As I mention above, the trick is to use the right tools. I couldn't get it fluffy enough with an immersion hand blender and it took forever! When I used an electric egg beater, the consistency was much better.
- Mix until the body butter is light and fluffy. Be patient, this will take some time.
- Scoop into sterilised jars and use with a wooden spatula. Enjoy!